NAPOLEONVILLE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana sheriff’s office says deputies arrested a woman spotted trying to hand off drugs to an inmate being escorted through a courthouse.
Assumption Parish Sheriff Leland Falcon said in a statement Wednesday that deputies were escorting a group of inmates from a parish courtroom last week when they reported seeing 26-year-old Cathy Coreyell Phillip try to hand an inmate a suspicious package.
Phillip ran off, but was later arrested and booked into jail.
She’s charged with attempting to introduce contraband to a detention center as well as resisting officers.
It’s unclear whether she has an attorney who can comment on her behalf.
- Hobby Lobby temporarily closing all stores, will furlough ‘nearly all store employees’
- Search underway for Kennedy family member, her 8-year-old son after canoe accident
- Police: Louisiana man charged with murder in father’s death
- Louisiana hospitals, medical staff stretched thin amid virus
- Louisiana Democratic Party Extends DNC Delegate Selection Deadlines