COVINGTON, La. (The Times-Picayune) — Authorities in Louisiana have arrested a 21-year-old man accused of shooting his mother to death hours before leading officers on a chase that hit speeds of 130 mph.
The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday that DaRius Sims is awaiting extradition from St. Tammany Parish on a second-degree murder charge.
He’s accused of fatally shooting his 61-year-old mother, Jeanette Collins, in the chest Monday.
Relatives told investigators Sims became agitated during a car ride, grabbed a gun from his waistband and shot Collins.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Tuesday, April 7th
- ‘Harry Potter’ author JK Rowling says she’s recovered from coronavirus symptoms
- Why you shouldn’t compare coronavirus to the flu
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Monday
- Senior Night: West Monroe’s Earlysha Turner