NATCHITOCHES PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – 47-year-old Mark Recoulley, of Natchitoches was arrested on September 11 after a brief investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The investigation began on August 24th after the State Fire Marshal’s Office received a request from the Natchitoches Fire Department.
Fire investigators were asked to look into the cause of a fire in the 500 block of Myrtle Dr.
A 69-year-old female homeowner who was later identified as Recoulley’s mother, was hurt during the fire and was taken to a local hospital.
LOSFM says, “deputies additionally learned that local law enforcement had to detain Recoulley after he created a disturbance at the scene while firefighters were trying to extinguish the fire.”
With the help of witness statements and scene investigation, investigators were able to conclude that “the fire was intentionally set.”
Recoulley confessed to starting the fire and is currently in the Natchitoches Parish Jail.
The suspect is facing these charges:
- One count of Aggravated Arson
- One count of Injury by Arson
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Louisiana Republican Senators vote NO on COVID-19 relief bill that includes $1,400 checks
- Grambling kicks off their football season against Deion Sanders and Jackson State University
- NBC 10’s Bode Brooks to host candidate forum show
- City of Monroe children’s dental health event