OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) – (12/13/19) An Opelousas Junior High teacher is facing a criminal charge in an investigation into allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Hally Batiste, 26, faces one count of sexual misconduct with a student, Opelousas Police Chief Martin McLendon said.
St. Landry Parish School Superintendent Patrick Jenkins said Batiste has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the investigation.
Penkins said he could not comment on the matter because it is a personnel matter involving a minor.
The Carencro Police Department is assisting with this investigation, Jenkins said.
This is a developing story.
- LA Tech preps for home opener; Fans can expect the stadium to look a little different
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- Your Local Election Headquarters: Breakdown of Grambling’s sales tax proposition
- Facebook to reject political ads that prematurely claim election victory
- North Korea shot and burned the body of a South Korean official, Seoul says