UPDATE: FRANKLIN PARISH, La. — The Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Louisiana State Police have made an arrest in connection to the June 30, 2020, homicide of Michelle Houston.
According to Sheriff Kevin Cobb, 33-year-old Nicholes Trey Glass was booked into the Franklin Parish Detention Center on Thursday night, charged with one count of Second-Degree Murder. His bond has been set at $1 million.
Glass made a suicide attempt shortly after being booked into the detention center and has since been transported to a medical facility.
The investigation into this case is still ongoing.
ORIGINAL: FRANKLIN PARISH, La. — The Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating a homicide.
According to FPSO, deputies were called to a home on Highway 578 on Tuesday evening about a unresponsive female found inside of her home.
When deputies arrived, 50-year-old Michelle Houston was found deceased.
The Louisiana State Police Investigations Division and Louisiana State Police Crime Lab are assisting the Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division in this case.
Sheriff Cobb states, “My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim’s family and friends. This is an active, ongoing homicide investigation. As always we ask anyone with information to contact the Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318)435-4505.”
- Louisiana man accused of setting house on fire with kids inside; told authorities drugs, mental illness was to blame
- Local family asks community to help send 100 birthday cards for 100-year-old grandmother
- Arkansas police ask for help identifying truck involved in Morgan Nick kidnapping case
- 15-year-old girl missing from Carencro
- Tigers Drop Game 3 Against Kentucky, Win Series