UPDATE: FRANKLIN PARISH, La. — The Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Louisiana State Police have made an arrest in connection to the June 30, 2020, homicide of Michelle Houston.
According to Sheriff Kevin Cobb, 33-year-old Nicholes Trey Glass was booked into the Franklin Parish Detention Center on Thursday night, charged with one count of Second-Degree Murder. His bond has been set at $1 million.
Glass made a suicide attempt shortly after being booked into the detention center and has since been transported to a medical facility.
The investigation into this case is still ongoing.
ORIGINAL: FRANKLIN PARISH, La. — The Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating a homicide.
According to FPSO, deputies were called to a home on Highway 578 on Tuesday evening about a unresponsive female found inside of her home.
When deputies arrived, 50-year-old Michelle Houston was found deceased.
The Louisiana State Police Investigations Division and Louisiana State Police Crime Lab are assisting the Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division in this case.
Sheriff Cobb states, “My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim’s family and friends. This is an active, ongoing homicide investigation. As always we ask anyone with information to contact the Franklin Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318)435-4505.”
- A new earthquake warning system, powered by Google, comes to California
- According to the FDA, Trader Joe’s and other salsa products now added to list of recalled onions involved in salmonella outbreak
- Man goes on anti-mask tirade in a grocery store before being hauled outside by another customer
- Park named after police chief who forced Jackie Robinson out of a game gets a new name
- Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks and bans civilians in masks from office