COVINGTON, LA (WGNO) – On February 14, officers with the Covington Police Department arrested a daycare worker for child abuse.
The Covington Department received a complaint of possible child abuse by a day care worker of the Kiddie Kollege Day Care Center, located at 521 West 28th Avenue, Covington, LA.
After completing an investigation, officers obtained an arrest warrant for 58-year-old Regena Thompson for the felony charge of cruelty to juveniles.
Regena Thompson turned herself in to the Covington Police Department on February 15.
She was arrested and transported to the St Tammany Parish Jail pending bond/prosecution.
- No local jury for Mississippi man’s trial in police killing
- Analysis: Public health officials under strain amid pandemic
- Cassidy: COVID-19 relief bill not a stimulus bill
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents