NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVLA) – (12/26/19) Authorities say a New Orleans-area man was killed when a Christmas argument with his boyfriend escalated into a fight with machete against gun.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office says 57-year-old Harry Cleland of the Madisonville area was in jail Thursday on a manslaughter charge.
The coroner’s spokesman identifies the dead man as 21-year-old Christopher Taylor.
A sheriff’s office news release says Cleland shot his boyfriend multiple times before calling 911 about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday.
- Friday Roundball Roundup: OCS girls remain undefeated; Throwback night at Sterlington vs. Wossman, plus more!
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Louisiana tech’s student government starts campus conversation on gender identity and Title IX
- North Louisiana AG-Business Council hosts the 2020 Ag Expo
- 18 arrested in Bossier Parish human trafficking sting