Bienville bank robbery suspect captured in Jackson Parish

Crime
Paul Junior Nash mug 041719 generic background 1280x960_1555519225475.jpg.jpg

BIENVILLE PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The third suspect still at large in the robbery of a Castor bank Tuesday has been captured in Jackson Parish, according to the Bienville Parish Sheriff’s office.

In an update shared to the BPSO Facebook page just before 2 p.m. Wednesday, the sheriff’s office says they have received “creditable information” information that Paul Junior Nash was “in another jurisdiction” and that all searches had been terminated. 

The sheriff’s office also revealed that a search of the Castor School Complex was conducted by the Shreveport Fire Department Bomb Squad, Louisiana State Police, Bienville Parish Fire District 4&5, the State Fire Marshals and BPSO personnel in search of any type explosive device or anything that resembled one, because one of the suspects had stated that a “fake bomb” may have been placed on the school grounds as a diversionary tactic to draw law enforcement’s attention away from their normal law enforcement duties.

Instead, the sheriff’s office says, an abandoned house fire was used as the diversionary tactic.

Castor High School was placed on lockdown Tuesday as police searched for suspects and students were told to stay home Wednesday as a safety precaution. 

Two suspects are already in custody in the robbery of the Castor branch of the Bank of Montgomery early Tuesday afternoon. Authorities were actively searching for Nash, who is from Jonesboro and was considered armed at dangerous. 

There is no word yet on where or how Nash was taken into custody.

The latest developments come on the heels of news that investigators in Natchitoches Parish believe the suspects in the Castor bank robbery are also the ones responsible for the robbery of a Campti bank on April 2 as well as “multiple armed robberies in north Louisiana.”

The Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office says evidence in the robbery of the Campti branch of the City Bank & Trust Co. on April 2 led them to identify Nash and two other suspects they believe were also involved the Castor bank robbery. Police have not released the names of the other suspects.

Chief of Investigations Detective Greg Dunn said in a statement released by NPSO Wednesday that they only released information about the suspected connection between the robberies to law enforcement because they say they did not want to jeopardize the case or tip off the suspects. 

They are also allegedly linked to a bomb threat at Lakeview School. 

The Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office says they are working closely with Bienville Parish Sheriff’s detectives interviewing suspects and witnesses in the case.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Trending Stories