BRYANT, Ark. (AP) – (12/24/19) Authorities say an Arkansas police officer was shot and wounded by a reportedly suicidal person who was later shot to death by other officers.
The shooting happened Monday night at an apartment complex in Bryant, about 15 miles southwest of Little Rock. The Bryant Police Department says the female officer was struck by gunfire and was airlifted to a hospital in Little Rock. Her condition wasn’t immediately released.
The shooting happened less than three weeks after another Arkansas police officer was fatally shot while sitting in a patrol car.
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Office Depot building in El Dorado will be the new site for a cancer center
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
- Congress hears from Mnuchin, Powell as CARES Act nears expiration