MONROE, La. (Press Release) — In conjunction with our efforts to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Mayor Jamie Mayo joins Community Affairs Director Robert C. Johnson and Masur Museum of Art Director Evelyn Stewart to announce the following closure and event postponements:
- The Masur Museum of Art will be closed until further notice
- The Masur Museum and the Twin City Art Foundation have decided to reschedule our annual fundraiser, Off the Wall, until the fall of 2020. The event was originally scheduled to take place on April 24. The new date will be Thursday, September 24, from 6-9 pm. We thank you for your understanding.
- The Beginning Oil Painting Class with Rene Hatten originally scheduled for March 28, has been postponed as well. All students currently signed up for the class will be reimbursed or given credit for a future class.
- Excitement builds for NFL Draft as stage takes shape in downtown Cleveland
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: 442 new cases, 14 new deaths reported on Tuesday
- Structure fire on Malvern Street in south Monroe
- Crossett Police asking for help to identify person who 12-year-old girl ran away from home with
- Franklin Police searching for suspect wanted for attempted first-degree murder and terrorizing