BATON ROUGE, La. — Today the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services has decided to provide customer service only by phone, email, and online until further notice.
They say that all upcoming face-to-face appointments will either be rescheduled or conducted by phone.
Louisiana residents may continue to access services and program information through the usual channels:
- To report child abuse, call Louisiana’s child abuse hotline at 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437), or for mandatory reporters, visit dcfs.la.gov/mandatedreporters.
- To access SNAP, FITAP, KCSP or Child Support, apply online via the CAFÉ Self-Service Portal (dcfs.la.gov/cafe) or get information about the services online at www.dcfs.la.gov/page/family-support or by calling the LAHelpU Customer Service Center at 1-888-LA-HELP-U (1-888-524-3578).
- Those specifically looking for a SNAP application can text GETSNAP (no spaces) to 898211, email LAHelpU.DCFS@la.gov or call 1-888-LA-HELP-U (1-888-524-3578).
DCFS will continue to monitor the developments and safety recommendations related to COVID-19 and provide updates.
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant
- Paycheck Fairness Act passes in House, faces uphill battle in Senate
- Shreveport man arrested in Monroe for Carnal Knowledge of a Juvenile