(WKBN) – (12/11/19) Some Ruiz breakfast burritos are being recalled due to possible contamination.
Ruiz Food Products is recalling approximately 55,013 pounds of frozen, not ready-to-eat (NRTE) breakfast burrito products containing eggs, sausage, and cheese that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of plastic.
The burritos were produced on October 15, 2019.
The following products are impacted:
- 3.38-lb. Value Pack, containing 12 individually wrapped, 4.5-oz. “EL MONTEREY Signature BURRITO EGG, SAUSAGE & CHEESE” with a “Best if Used By” date of 01/15/2021 and a lot code of 19288.
- The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST 45694” printed on the value pack bag and the individual wrappings, next to the lot code.
The burritos were shipped to retailers nationwide.
The problem was discovered after three consumers complained of finding pieces of white, semi-rigid plastic in the product.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Ruiz Foods Products Inc., Consumer Line at (800) 772-6474.
- Mississippi could give COVID-19 relief money to hospitals
- US extends ban on cruise ships through October
- Little Rock chief sues officers’ union claiming conspiracy
- Escape attempt through courthouse window, into stairwell
- Tip To Be Encouraged for October 1