(WKBN) – (12/11/19) Some Ruiz breakfast burritos are being recalled due to possible contamination.
Ruiz Food Products is recalling approximately 55,013 pounds of frozen, not ready-to-eat (NRTE) breakfast burrito products containing eggs, sausage, and cheese that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of plastic.
The burritos were produced on October 15, 2019.
The following products are impacted:
- 3.38-lb. Value Pack, containing 12 individually wrapped, 4.5-oz. “EL MONTEREY Signature BURRITO EGG, SAUSAGE & CHEESE” with a “Best if Used By” date of 01/15/2021 and a lot code of 19288.
- The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST 45694” printed on the value pack bag and the individual wrappings, next to the lot code.
The burritos were shipped to retailers nationwide.
The problem was discovered after three consumers complained of finding pieces of white, semi-rigid plastic in the product.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Ruiz Foods Products Inc., Consumer Line at (800) 772-6474.
- Monroe City Council will vote on resolution that addresses illegal dumping
- Louisiana Delta Community College host Crappie University to over 100 fishermen
- Troubles mount for Shreveport man charged with murder
- Appeals challenge scrapping of Louisiana Medicaid contracts
- The Food Bank of NELA raised money for those who struggle with hunger