MONROE, La. — The application period for this year’s President’s Academy at the University of Louisiana Monroe is now open.
According to ULM, the President’s Academy will start on June 14, 2020, and end on June 19, 2020. The five-day program will include opportunities for 65 high school students to learn from professionals in computer science, health science, law, and physical science.
ULM will partner with local businesses like CenturyLink and ANGUS Chemical Company along with local hospitals to teach the selected students.
High school sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a minimum ACT score of 24 or a minimum 3.5 GPA are invited to apply for the program.
The President’s Academy includes campus housing and meals, course materials, faculty instruction, transportation to externships, a one-hour college course credit, welcome reception and awards banquet for parents. The program is $600 per student.
The application period is now open and will end on May 4, 2020. The selected students will be notified by May 11, 2020, and the payment is due on May 18, 2020.
To learn more about the President’s Academy or to apply, click here.
- Louisiana Democratic Party Extends DNC Delegate Selection Deadlines
- WATCH LIVE: Governor Edwards to hold COVID-19 Update Briefing [April 3, 2020]
- Madonna donates $1M to Gates’ Foundation Coronavirus-Relief efforts to find COVID-19 prevention, treatment
- Arkansas National Guard COVID-19 status update ~ Support to civil authorities continues to strengthen state’s response
- A Boil Advisory for the Bayou Macon Water System has been issued