(CNN) – (12/2/19) Monday is National Special Education Day.
It’s a day to recognize teachers, students, parents and the progress that has been made in special education.
Special Education Day was first celebrated in 2005.
It’s also a time to recognize the ‘Individuals with Disabilities Education Act’ which passed in 1975.
The federal legislation is designed to ensure that children with disabilities be granted a free appropriate public education (fape) in the least restrictive environment.
Celebrate national special education day by sharing your story or the story of a loved one.
Use the hashtag ‘Special education day’ to post on social media.
- CHRISTMAS IN DOMO: Vendors, Christmas Pageant, Pearl Harbor remembrance
- Family finds list of ‘no call’ officials in Saints fan’s wallet after he passes away
- Bawcomville celebrates 13th year of the Redneck Christmas Parade
- West Monroe honors Louisiana heroes who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor
- Weekend Weather: Saturday, December 7th