(CNN) – (12/2/19) Monday is National Special Education Day.
It’s a day to recognize teachers, students, parents and the progress that has been made in special education.
Special Education Day was first celebrated in 2005.
It’s also a time to recognize the ‘Individuals with Disabilities Education Act’ which passed in 1975.
The federal legislation is designed to ensure that children with disabilities be granted a free appropriate public education (fape) in the least restrictive environment.
Celebrate national special education day by sharing your story or the story of a loved one.
Use the hashtag ‘Special education day’ to post on social media.
- ULM football to play Texas in 2022
- Warhawk women limited offensively by UALR in the second half, in Thursday’s loss
- Techsters make a season high in three-pointers, defeat Middle Tennessee at home
- Mo buckets, Mo problems: Bulldogs’ Muhammed scores career high 22 in win at Middle Tennessee
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers