LOUISIANA (The News Star) – Our partners at The News Star report with Louisiana schools closed at least until mid-April, the state is working to waive a lot of the traditional metrics and requirements that usually come during the spring semester.
Louisiana public schools and school districts won’t receive performance scores from the state “due to closures of 18-plus days,” and teachers won’t have more obersvations, evaluations, or “value-added model” (VAM) scores this year.
Requirements for instructional minutes are being waived, along with graduation requirements for seniors, end-of-course exams for graduating seniors and promotional requirements for fourth and eighth grades.
- High School Boys basketball playoffs | The Fight to get to the Final Four
- Perfect night highlights #3 LSU Gymastics’ regular season finale win
- #13 LSU Softball’s Friday game vs #7 Texas Halted Due to Rain
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans
- Senate Republicans’ vote-a-rama slows Biden COVID relief bill