MONROE, La. – Holly Richard, wife of ULM men’s basketball coach Keith Richard, along with Schantel Viator, wife of head football coach Matt Viator, have pulled together other members of the Warhawk family to produce ULM Athletics-branded face masks to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Holly and Schantel have recruited the assistance of Sammie Vining, wife of legendary ULM (formerly Northeast Louisiana) men’s basketball coach Mike Vining, as well as Leazel McDonald, wife of Athletics Director Scott McDonald, and Anna Denny, wife of Assistant Athletics Director for Fundraising and Development Lee Denny. Holly, who owns and operates Fabulous Fabric in Monroe, Louisiana, also gets support from her daughter Lexie, who processes phone orders for the cloth face masks.
Holly and Sammie began discussing the production of face masks in mid-April and since May 1 the five ladies have created 400.
The group also has decided to donate half the proceeds from face mask sales to the ULM Athletics Department. On Tuesday, June 2, Holly presented the ULM Athletics Foundation with a check for $2,000.
ULM Athletics face masks are on sale for $10 at Fabulous Fabric, located at 1803 Lamy Lane in Monroe, or by calling (318) 410-8106.
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Tickets for the 19th Annual St. Jude Dream Home are on sale now! Get yours today!
- Schumer: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- 7 face charges in last year’s attack on restaurant hostess
- Brexit leader to head Mississippi public policy center