BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Authorities said a Louisiana State University football player was arrested and accused of abusing his girlfriend and destroying her personal items.
Ray Parker was charged Wednesday with battery of a dating partner and simple criminal damage to property.
LSU police say they responded to the victim’s home around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
An arrest warrant says 20-year-old Parker went to the victim’s apartment and became enraged, throwing items around the room, destroying the victim’s phone and pushing her into a dresser.
After Parker’s arrest, LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Parker was indefinitely suspended for violation of team rules.
It’s unclear whether Parker had an attorney.
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- JKC Cleaning Service offers businesses and residents a solution in fighting against COVID-19
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications