BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Authorities said a Louisiana State University football player was arrested and accused of abusing his girlfriend and destroying her personal items.
Ray Parker was charged Wednesday with battery of a dating partner and simple criminal damage to property.
LSU police say they responded to the victim’s home around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
An arrest warrant says 20-year-old Parker went to the victim’s apartment and became enraged, throwing items around the room, destroying the victim’s phone and pushing her into a dresser.
After Parker’s arrest, LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Parker was indefinitely suspended for violation of team rules.
It’s unclear whether Parker had an attorney.
- Football Friday Night: Close games all around, gridiron action on Friday in Louisiana, plus scores
- Boil Advisory: D’Arbonne Water System North
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- McConnell pledges quick vote on next justice; Biden says no
- AP Exclusive: More migrant women say they didn’t OK surgery