78°F

UPDATE: Bank Fund Set Up to Help Fire Victims

Four people are homeless after a house fire Tuesday evening in Monroe.
UPDATE: A trust fund has been set up to help a local family whose home was damaged in a fire.

The fire happened last night in the 2100 block of Pope Street in Monroe.

Four people were in the home when the fire happened. All were able to make it out safely.

The investigation into the fire is ongoing, but the family said embers from the fireplace were dumped outside and they believe that may have started the fire.

The fund for the Nola family has been set up at all Community Trust Bank locations if you'd like to help.

-----------------------------------

MONROE -- Four people are homeless after a house fire Tuesday evening in Monroe.

The fire broke out around 7:15 p.m. on the 2100 block of Pope Street.

The homeowners, Bobby and Kathy Nola, tell KTVE/KARD that they were in the house with their two sons when the fire started.

The Nolas said they were stoking a fire and clearing the embers out of the fireplace from the previous night. They dumped them outside, and they believe the fire started outside.

All four made it out safely.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus