LITTLE ROCK, AR - Lunch time doesn't always have to mean the same old boring sandwich or last night's leftovers.
Chef Franklin Dye has a couple of new things you'll want to try.
The recipes are below and if you want to follow him on Twitter, just look for @cheffranklindye.
- ¼ pound sliced ham
- ¼ pound sliced pepperoni
- ¼ pound sliced salami
- ¼ pound provolone sliced
- ¼ pound Swiss cheese sliced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cans croissant roll dough
- Open one can of the croissant rolls. Place into bottom of rectangle baking dish coated with butter.
- Next, take the ham and lay out on top of the dough. Proceed with the pepperoni, salami, Swiss, and provolone in layers.
- Next, take half of the beaten eggs and pour over the meat.
- Unroll the 2nd can of dough and place on top.
- Finish by pouring the rest of the eggs and brushing the top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve while hot.
Pesto Chicken Pizza
- 1 large pizza crust
- 1 can diced chicken
- 1 jar fresh pesto
- 2 each sliced roma tomatoes
- Balsamic glaze
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take pizza crust and place on pizza pan.
- Spread pesto sauce onto crust evenly.
- Next, spread cheese onto sauce.
- Place tomatoes spaced onto the cheese.
- Spread the diced chicken next.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Finish with drizzles of honey and balsamic vinegar. Serve hot.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.