UPDATE: Grand Jury Indicts Two Teens for Fatal Jonesville Fire

A Catahoula Parish grand jury indicts two teens for a fatal house fire that happened in February.
Trey Seward (State Fire Marshal's Office)
Trey Seward (State Fire Marshal's Office)
UPDATE: A Catahoula Parish grand jury indicts two teens for a fatal house fire that happened in February.

Conner Thomas and Trey Seward were both indicted last week and charged with second degree murder.

36-year-old Kevin Wiley died Feb. 7 in a fire at his mobile home on Pecan Street in Jonesville.

UPDATE: State Fire Marshal investigators have determined yesterday’s deadly fire that claimed the life of 36 year old Kevin Wiley was intentionally set.

Late Friday night, Fire Marshal investigators arrested two Jonesville teens for their involvement in the Pecan Street fire that claimed Wiley’s life. Both men have been charged with one count each of Second Degree Murder and Aggravated Arson.

The State Fire Marshal's Office says the teens met Wiley earlier that night and went to his house, hoping to get illegal drugs.

After Wiley fell asleep, authorities say the two teens set a piece of clothing on fire and threw it in the home before leaving.

Conner Thomas and Trey Seward, both 17 years of age, were arrested without incident and booked into Catahoula Parish Jail where they are being held without bond.


Jonesville, LA – State Fire Marshal investigators were called upon to investigate a deadly blaze that claimed the life of a Jonesville resident earlier today. Jonesville firefighters were dispatched to a residential fire at 1005 Pecan Street at approximately 4:00am, after a neighbor reported seeing the fire.

First arriving firefighters found the mobile home venting heavy smoke and flames. After the fire was brought under control, firefighters located the body of 36 year old Kevin Wiley. Wiley was the sole occupant of the home and was found on the floor in his bedroom. The victim’s body was processed on the scene by investigators and released to the Catahoula Parish Coroner’s Office. An autopsy is scheduled to be performed later today.

Investigators determined that the fire originated in the area of the living room, but have not yet identified the cause of the fire. State Fire Marshal investigators, along with local authorities, continue their investigation at this time. The home was determined to have been without electrical power at the time of the fire and was not equipped with working smoke alarms.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus