87°F

1906 Fundraising Campaign to Restore Church

Rev. David Hartfield-Dyels join us to talk about the 1906 Campaign to help raise funding to restore Martin Temple located at 1906 Adams Street in Monroe.
The Martin Temple Kicks off the 1906 Fundraising Campaign to Restore Historic Church

The Martin Temple located at 1906 Adams Street in Monroe, is kicking off a fundraising "1906 Campaign" to restore the Martin Temple church building to its original grandeur. They are rallying 1906 supporters, members, and friends of this longtime congregation to participate, donate, volunteer, and enjoy the pleasure of restoring this early Monroe landmark back into use since the roof was severely damaged in a storm in 2007. The church was declared unsafe and scheduled for demolition. Through perseverance and prayer, the congregation was given permission to repair and restore The Martin Temple and The "1906 Campaign", named after the address of the church.

Various levels of donations will make giving as easy as the "pocketbook will allow" The Bronze level is $19.06 and participants will receive a 1906 bracelet. The Silver level is for the $109.06 and participants will receive a 1906 bracelet and walkway brick. The Gold level of $190.60 will give donors the bracelet, walkway brick, 1906 Souvenir brick and 1906 Lapel Badge. Platinum level is for citizens who donate $1,090.60 and who will receive a 1906 bracelet, walkway brick, memorial brick, souvenir brick, 1906 Lapel Badge, Banquet Table, and Special Gift. For further information or to donate, call Rev. David Hartfield-Dyels, Pastor at 318-479-0070. TO GIVE AND SUPPORT email: 1906.ccia@mogiv.com In subject line enter $Support Amount. Donors may also text to 1906.ccia@mogiv.com and in body of the text send $Support and amount.

The history of The Martin Temple goes back to August of 1900 when the first Christian Methodist Episcopal church was organized as Sawdust Temple Colored Methodist Episcopal Church because the floor was sawdust. With 12 members, they met for 11 years until the merger of them with James Chapel Colored Methodist Episcopal Church on Calypso and Vicksburg St. Monroe. After the 1927 Louisiana Annual Conference, the church was renamed The Martin Temple C. M. E. ChurchMonroe and moved to its present location at 1906 Adams. The name change included the change of Colored to Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.

Rev. Hartfield-Dyels stated, "By renovating this building, The Martin Temple will not only be the place for worship, Sunday services, and prayer meetings, but a place for the community to meet and include the children, elders, the handicapped, and neighbors as they go forward in using God in his miraculous ways.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus