OUACHITA Parish - Ouachita Parish Police Jury President Scotty Robinson announced today, that in partnership with the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, there will be a collection site in Ouachita Parish for donations that will be transported to Puerto Rico for the victims of Hurricane Maria.
The donations will be picked up by the Louisiana National Guard and will be delivered to Puerto Rico by Military air transport.
Robinson also said that he would like to thank First West in West Monroe for their kind and generous support of this endeavor by volunteering to function as the Parish Collection point.
The Primary items needed at this time:
- New bottles with nipples/bottle liners
- Diaper cream
- Infant Formula (Powder only) (liquid cannot be shipped by Military Air Transport)
- Baby Wipes
- Feminine Hygiene products (no aerosol cans)
The above items are the only items that will be accepted and shipped at this time
Please ensure that all items are new in original packaging and unopened.
The collection point for Ouachita Parish is:
First West Baptist Church in West Monroe Louisiana
Donations may be dropped off at their regular Thrift Store drop-off point located on the corner of 4th Street and Mill Street in West Monroe.
Donations will be accepted between the hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday and 9:00 AM to 3:00 on Saturday.
The Donation deadline will be Wednesday October 10th.
The Louisiana National Guard will only make the first pickup of donated items on October 4th and the last pickup on October 11th.
The following procedures will greatly assist the Guard in moving the donated supplies:
- Items should be packed in 16x18 inch boxes or equivalent that can be handled by hand.
- Tape only the bottom.
- Leave the top untapped. The boxes must be inspected before loading the aircraft.
- Place like items together. (diaper with diaper, formula with formula, etc.)
- Mark the item name on the outside of the box
Christmas came early this year for some underprivileged kids in…