Fishing will begin at 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. and participants may fish any public or private waterway within Ouachita Parish. You do not need to report to the tournament headquarters before fishing. Bring your biggest fish (any species) to the weigh in.
Weigh-ins will start at 11 a.m. at the tournament headquarters located at the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office Rifle Range (357 Richard Fewell Road West Monroe, LA). The awards ceremony will start at 12:30 p.m.
Along with weigh-ins, there will be free food, youth activities and door prizes. Awards will be given for biggest fish in each age category. The event is open to all children ages 2 to 12 years old. Participants do not have to catch a fish to be entered into door prize drawing but must check in at the tournament headquarters to be entered.
Fishing poles and bait, courtesy of Armstrong Cricket Farm will be available at the tournament headquarters for those who need supplies. Event will not be cancelled or rescheduled due to rain.
• All participants must be registered before fishing
• No alcoholic beverages allowed during the tournament or at the weigh-in site
• All participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
• All state and federal fishing and boating laws must be observed
• Adults may cast and assist landing the fish for the participants in the 2-6 year old division.
• Bank, pier and private pond fishing are allowed
• Fish must be caught during tournament hours
• Only one fish allowed at weigh-in, dead or alive.
• Must be present to win door prizes
Click here for the registration form and mail to:
Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office
Attn: DARE Youth Fishing Tournament
400 Saint John Street
Monroe, LA 71201
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.